Why do you not say congratulations to a bride?
It is traditional to say 'Congratulations' to a groom after a wedding, but 'Best wishes' to the bride. The implication is that the groom has made a great 'catch', but that it would be impolite to say that the bride had.
What do you say when you wish your ex a happy birthday?
Don't miss a thing
- Happy birthday, [their name]! ?
- HBD, [their name]. I hope you have an awesome day.
- I hope this is the best year yet! ...
- I just wanted to wish you the happiest of birthdays, you deserve it!
- HBD! ...
- Happy birthday, [their name]! ...
- I'm so glad you were born! ...
- I hope today outshines the other 364 days of the year.
How do you wish a Catholic priest on ordination anniversary?
May God's goodness and kindness be with you on this special day and all the days of your life. God bless you and may He keep you safe in the palm of His hand. Congratulations and best wishes on your 30th Anniversary of Priesthood. Congratulations on your 30 years as a Priest.
Can you wish someone happy birthday before their birthday?
You are celebrated all day long, but never before. In fact, it's a year of bad luck if someone prematurely wishes you Happy Birthday or you open gifts before the official date, said Davis. ... Superstition is not the only cultural difference when it comes to celebrating birthdays, however.
Is there a hyphen in well wishes?
Of course, I had heard of “Thank you for your GOOD wishes” or “Thank you for wishing me WELL.” But never: “Thank you for your WELL wishes.” But, James, we often use 'well-wisher' in speech and writing here. So, logically speaking, 'well-wishes' (hyphenated) should also be acceptable.
How do you congratulate a couple?
Wedding card messages and quotes I hope through the years you become even better friends and share every possible kind of happiness life can bring. Your wedding day may come and go, but may your love forever grow. Congratulations to the perfect couple!
Is it congrats or Congrads?
Congrads is an incorrect spelling of this abbreviation. Put Congrads in any word processor and it will return an incorrect spelling. This is because "d" does not appear in Congratulations. Unfortunately, many people ignore this and still use Congrads.
Why do genies only give 3 wishes?
Originally Answered: Why do Genies only grant you three wishes? Because genie wishes are powered by plotinium, a rare substance which powers all plot devices. Because limitation creates creativity. If wishes where unlimited you might as well end the story where the genie is found.
18 Related Question Answers Found:
A blessing is a prayer asking for God's protection, or a little gift from the heavens. ... "I give you my blessing" simply means "It's OK with me." People give their blessings to ideas and actions when they agree with them. Giving a blessing is often the same as giving permission.
Congratulations—Which Is Correct? There's just one way to spell it, and that's congratulations, with a T. This word came into English from Latin, where it was formed by combining the prefix com-, meaning “with,” to the root gratulari, meaning “give thanks” or “show joy.”
Simply thank him back with a thank you. You are in a phase where every move he would make would seem he is trying to get back with you. But its not necessarily the case. You need to reply to his message in a kind and polite manner without any tint of your feelings for him.
Not just one but even two, I am / we are so happy for you! Congratulations on your happy and healthy baby twins. I / we hope this is a wonderful time filled with lots of joy and happiness for your new family. Here comes double trouble!
- “We are so sorry for your loss.”
- “I'm going to miss her, too.”
- “I hope you feel surrounded by much love.”
- “Sharing in your sadness as you remember Juan.”
- “Sharing in your sadness as you remember Dan.”
- “Sending healing prayers and comforting hugs. ...
- “With deepest sympathy as you remember Robert.”
Like God, you watch over us all, and we thank you with wishes for a blessed birthday. Rejoice on this day when you were born and God gave us the greatest gift of all, a soldier of love. I pray today above all others brings you love, hope, and strength as you celebrate another year of life.
- best wishes (in greetings) tanti auguri; (in letter) cordiali saluti.
- give her my best wishes le porga i miei più cordiali saluti.
- with best wishes con i migliori auguri.
- “with best wishes, Kathy” “cari saluti, Kathy”
Happy marriage anniversary bhaiya and bhabhi! May this year bring you more happiness and love and may you both continue to grow with each other. Dear bhaiya and bhabhi, happy anniversary. Hope you have the best day ever, today and every other day.
arrogant. smug. complacent. conceited.
Words that can be made with congrats
A letter of wishes is a document drawn up to accompany your will. ... A will becomes a public document if a grant of representation is obtained, but a letter of wishes remains confidential to the executors, trustees or family members. It therefore tends to contain more detail of one's family and affairs.
Noun congratulation Applause after a performance, shouting "Way to go!" or sending a nice card — all express congratulations. The noun congratulation comes from the Latin word congratulari, which means “with joy.” The word is usually used in the plural form: congratulations.
Memorial Day Greetings
- Thank you to the brave men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice.
- Let us remember those who courageously gave their lives.
- Join us as we remember and honor our heroes.
- Let's use today to count our blessings and stand proud.
- Honoring our nation's heroes on Memorial Day.
verb (used with object), con·grat·u·lat·ed, con·grat·u·lat·ing. to express pleasure to (a person), as on a happy occasion: They congratulated him on his marriage. Archaic. to express sympathetic joy or satisfaction at (an event).
Thank you for all the birthday wishes and I hope you guys continue to have a blessed day. I surely am. 02Thank you to all the friends, family, and even strangers that wished me well on my birthday. It means a lot to be acknowledged on my special day!
I extend warm greetings to Your Excellency and to all the citizens of the country as you celebrate your National Day. I am pleased to assure you all of my prayers to Almighty God for your health, happiness and prosperity.
- “Congratulations on your well-deserved success.”
- “Heartfelt congratulations to you.”
- “Warmest congratulations on your achievement.”
- “Congratulations and best wishes for your next adventure!”
- “So pleased to see you accomplishing great things.”
Although it is not as common as Happy Holidays, today “Happy Solstice” is increasingly used as a yuletide greeting.