Which is correct Congratulations on or congratulations for?
When you congratulate someone for something you praise them for an achievement, e.g. "I'd like to congratulate the staff for their good job". According to Google NGram Viewer congratulate on is a lot more frequent than congratulate for, but the latter is used nevertheless.
Should you respond to a congratulations email?
How do I reply to a congratulations letter? The best way to reply to a congratulations letter or message is to thank the person who wrote to you and let them know how much their acknowledgment of your achievement means to you.
What is congratulation with example?
The definition of congratulation is giving someone your good wishes for a happy event. An example of congratulation is what you give when someone has a new baby. noun. 17.
What are good Italian wishes?
When Italians want to wish someone luck, or just express their good wishes, one word they use is buono (good): Buon compleanno!
How do you congratulate your mom?
New baby wishes - message ideas to inspire you
- Welcome to the world. ...
- Wishing you all a lifetime of love, health and happiness together.
- Enjoy this special time. ...
- I know you'll be a wonderful mother.
- May God bless you and your precious new baby!
- Here's a special little something for your little something special.
How do you wish a doctor good luck?
A warm congratulations to you on becoming a doctor and wishing you good luck for the new journey that you are going to begin from now on. I am sure that you are going to become one of the best doctors because this is something you always dreamt of doing. Congratulations and all the best.
What can you say instead of best wishes?
synonyms for best wishes
What is the best way to wish your crush a happy birthday?
9 Flirty Texts to Send Your Crush on Their Birthday
- "Don't party too hard without me!"
- "Hey, birthday boy. ...
- "I'm glad you were born."
- "I hope you have a birthday as unforgettable as I am."
- "Congratulations on another year of surviving."
- "I have a birthday present for you.
22 Related Question Answers Found:
How do you wish Doctors Day Quotes?
“A doctor is bestowed with the eye to see and treat weakness in mankind. He is the one who can give us hope when we are in doom. Sending warm wishes to you on Doctor's Day 2021.” “This world has become a better and healthier place to live in with doctors bringing the joy of health and goodness to our lives.
What are different ways to say congratulations?
- “Congratulations on your well-deserved success.”
- “Heartfelt congratulations to you.”
- “Warmest congratulations on your achievement.”
- “Congratulations and best wishes for your next adventure!”
- “So pleased to see you accomplishing great things.”
How do you wish a dead person well?
- “We are so sorry for your loss.”
- “I'm going to miss her, too.”
- “I hope you feel surrounded by much love.”
- “Sharing in your sadness as you remember Juan.”
- “Sharing in your sadness as you remember Dan.”
- “Sending healing prayers and comforting hugs. ...
- “With deepest sympathy as you remember Robert.”
Do we wish happy Easter?
-Happy Easter to you, may all your heart's most fond desires come true! -Sending you Easter blessings and wishing you a reflective, peaceful holiday. -Easter brings fun, Easter bring Happiness, Easter brings God's endless blessings, Easter brings love and the freshness of spring. Happy Easter to you and your family!
How do you thank someone for congratulations?
Response to congratulation letter
- Thank you.
- Thanks so much for thinking of me.
- It was so nice to hear from you.
- I'm highly thankful to you for your kind and affectionate letter congratulating me on promotion (wedding, having a baby).
- I felt glad to be surrounded by your love and blessings.
- I guess I was just lucky.
How do you congratulate a business anniversary?
Company and Business
- On this blissful and charming day of your Corporate anniversary.. may you continue the journey of success with pride! ...
- Thank you for being part of our company's success over the years. We greatly appreciate and value your hard work and success. ...
- Congratulations on your corporate anniversary!
Can I say congrats instead of congratulations?
When you congratulate someone, you can say “congratulations” or “congrats”, which is the correct abbreviation for informal situations. It's never “congrates” . There is no “e” after “t”. I don't know why many mistakenly spell it that way, but it may have something to do with how it's pronounced.
Why can't I see birthday wishes on my timeline?
Miss getting birthday messages on your Facebook profile? Then make sure your privacy settings allow your friends to post to your timeline. Click the little down-arrow in the top-right corner of any Facebook page, then select Privacy Settings. Find the “Timeline and Tagging” section and click the “Edit Settings” link.
Can you wish someone Happy Eid?
How to wish someone 'Happy Eid' If you want to wish somebody “Happy Eid” this year, the traditional way would be to greet them with “Eid Mubarak”. ... In exactly the same way, Muslims will often wish their fellow observers “Ramadan Mubarak” at the start of the holy month and throughout the fasting period.
How do you write a congratulation letter to your boss?
Use an informal salutation, such as “Dear John” or “Dear Jill.” State the occasion for congratulation; for example say, “My warmest congratulation for leading the team with the highest sales record.” Say how impressed and proud you are of the accomplishment and encourage him to continue on this path.
How do you wish someone a happy new year in Korean?
새해 복 많이 받으세요 (saehae bok mani badeuseyo) This phrase is the go-to way of saying 'Happy New Year' in Korean. 새해 (saehae) is one of the words that means 'new year', 복 (bok) means 'luck', and 많이 (mani)means 'many' or 'lots of'. 받으세요 (badeuseyo) is the honorific way of saying 받다 (batda), meaning 'to receive'.
Can congratulations be plural?
The noun congratulation comes from the Latin word congratulari, which means “with joy.” The word is usually used in the plural form: congratulations.
How do you wish someone a Happy Chinese New Year in English?
When someone greets you with "新年快乐 (Xīnnián kuàilè, Happy New Year)", the best and simple replies are:
- " 新年快乐 (Xīnnián kuàilè)"
- " Happy New Year to you too, thank you"
- Thank you, and the same to you.
- Thank you, and wish you the same.
What can you say other than congratulations?
Different Ways to Say Congratulations
- Hats off!
- Well done.
- Good job!
- You rock!
- Nice going.
Where do I wish happy birthday on Facebook?
On the day of a friend's birthday, you may see a reminder on your Facebook home page, inviting you to send him a birthday greeting. Just click that link and type a message. When you click the Publish button, the greeting automatically appears on your friend's Timeline.
Is it congrats or Congrads?
Congrads is an incorrect spelling of this abbreviation. Put Congrads in any word processor and it will return an incorrect spelling. This is because "d" does not appear in Congratulations. Unfortunately, many people ignore this and still use Congrads.
How do you say congratulations in advance?
Congratulation at advance
- Congratulations in advance on your promotion.
- I would like to offer him my congratulations at this point.
- Hannibal can get lost in self.
- congratulation at his own exquisite taste and cunning.
- I hope you to be happy and congratulation at your marriage...
How do I reciprocate my Christmas wishes?
100 Christmas Thank You Messages
- Opening your wonderful gift made me feel like a little kid again on Christmas morning. ...
- It was such a welcome but unexpected surprise to receive such a fantastic holiday gift this year. ...
- Thank you so much for thinking of me during the busyness of this Christmas season.
How do you wish Didi and Jiju anniversary?
I hope that you are happy in your life with your new husband. Happy anniversary to my beautiful Didi and Jiju Ji. Many congratulations to the pair who know how to take romance to heart and treasure their day. Happy Anniversary.
How do you congratulate someone on their music?
“Heartfelt congratulations to you.” “Warmest congratulations on your achievement.” “Congratulations and best wishes for your next adventure!”...Simple Congratulations
- “Congratulations and BRAVO!”
- “This calls for celebrating! Congratulations!”
- “You did it! So proud of you!”
- “I knew it was only a matter of time. Well done!”
How do you wish someone a happy Diwali?
A simple 'happy Diwali' will do the trick, but there are other Diwali wishes you can say to anyone celebrating the festival. A traditional Diwali greeting is to say 'wishing you a Diwali that brings happiness prosperity and joy to you and all your family. '
Who wrote those three wishes?
Margot Zemach Once again, Margot Zemach brings new life to a traditional story: the tale of the three wishes granted to those who are kind and compassionate.