When did congrats become a word?
Congrats (interj.) 1884, colloquial shortening of congratulations. Further colloquialized in British university slang to congratters (1895) and in online gamer chat shortened to grats (by 2000).
What happens when you type congratulations on Facebook?
Last year, Facebook rolled out a new feature called “text delight animations.” Basically, when you type certain key words — say, “you're the best” — a fun animation pops up. You've probably realized that typing “congratulations” in just about any language leads to a delightful explosion of confetti and balloons.
Can I wish congrats for marriage?
Wedding card messages and quotes I hope through the years you become even better friends and share every possible kind of happiness life can bring. Your wedding day may come and go, but may your love forever grow. Congratulations to the perfect couple! ... May your joy last forever.
How do you say wish me luck in another way?
Let's look at the context in which these expressions to wish “good luck” are used in English.
- Good Luck. ...
- Break a leg! ...
- Knock 'em dead! ...
- Blow them away! ...
- Best of luck! ...
- You'll do great! ...
- Fingers crossed!
How do you sign best wishes card?
“Best wishes,” “Yours truly,” “Thinking of you,” or “All the best,” followed by your name, are all appropriate choices for closings in correspondence with people with whom you have cordial relationships. Personalizing is a great way to make your card stand out and show you really care.
Can we wish a Girl happy Women's Day?
“You have accomplished many great things in your life and you go for much more because you are a wonderful woman. My love, I proudly wish you a Happy Women's Day! ” “Knowing that I have the love of such a beautiful, intelligent and sweet woman makes me feel very lucky. I am very happy to congratulate you on your day! ”
How do you respond to thank you for wishes?
I just wanted to take a moment and say “thank you” to everyone for all of the birthday wishes. It means a lot to me that you all took time from your busy lives to wish me a happy birthday. I feel very blessed to have each and every one of you as my friends.
How do you congratulate a wedding client?
- Best wishes!
- We're/I'm so happy for you!
- Wishing you lots of love and happiness.
- Wishing you a long and happy marriage.
- Wishing you the best today and always.
- So happy to celebrate this day with you both!
- Best wishes for a fun-filled future together.
- Wishing you fulfillment of every dream!
21 Related Question Answers Found:
How do you do heartfelt congratulations?
Sentence examples for my heartfelt congratulations from inspiring English sources
- my heartfelt wishes.
- my warm congratulations.
- my heartfelt thanks.
- my heartfelt sympathies.
- my warmest congratulations.
- my heartfelt thoughts.
- my heartfelt apologies.
- my heartfelt Condolences.
How do you congratulate someone on their retirement?
Simple Retirement Messages
- Happy retirement, [Name]! You've earned it.
- Congrats on your retirement! Enjoy this new chapter.
- Wishing you good health for the future.
- Sending happy retirement wishes your way, [Name]!
- Have a wonderful retirement, [Name]!
- Wishing you a happy and healthy retirement — have fun!
What kind of word is congratulation?
Applause after a performance, shouting "Way to go!" or sending a nice card — all express congratulations. The noun congratulation comes from the Latin word congratulari, which means “with joy.” The word is usually used in the plural form: congratulations.
How do you say congratulations in Hokkien?
恭喜 means “congratulations” and you can use it in any occasions, including wedding, getting a promotion, etc. In fact, Hokkiens would typically say 恭喜 twice to extend their heartfelt congratulations.
Do you say congrats when someone retires?
Sometimes a simple “Congratulations” is your best bet for the right retirement card message. Especially for a retiree who truly loved their career, or devoted years of their life to the same job, you might want to emphasize the contribution they've made and they legacy they're leaving. ... Congrats to the retiree!
How do you congratulate a work colleague?
Consider the following starters as inspiration for you to craft the perfect wish for your colleague.
- Thank you for being an essential part of ______'s success.
- Congratulations on your work anniversary.
- Your contributions to the company are greatly appreciated.
- Wishing you all the best in the years ahead.
How do you congratulate your parents on their son's wedding?
“I have been looking forward to this day since the moment you came into this life. I hope this marriage will mean new things for you my son, Congratulations!” “May blessing upon blessing be on you as you tie the knot today, I am proud you made the right choice with the right woman. Congratulations my son!”
What do you say when you wish someone good luck?
Among the most used expressions to wish the best of luck to someone are:
- Good luck!
- Break a leg!
- Knock 'em dead!
- Blow them away!
- Best of luck!
- You'll do great!
- Fingers crossed!
Is it correct to say congratulations on your marriage?
Hear this out loudPause"It is traditional to say 'Congratulations' to a groom after a wedding, but 'Best wishes' to the bride. The implication is that the groom has made a great 'catch', but that it would be impolite to say that the bride had."
How do you say good luck and congratulations?
Long Good Luck Card Messages
- Sending you good vibes and positive energy.
- Good luck in this and all future endeavors.
- I wish you all the best with this new and exciting adventure.
- Wishing you the very best in your new adventure.
- I'm rooting for you always!
- I can't wait to hear all about your success.
Is congratulating someone a greeting?
As nouns the difference between congratulation and greeting is that congratulation is the act of congratulating while greeting is a conventional phrase used to start a letter or conversation or otherwise to acknowledge a person's arrival or presence.
How do you wish someone a happy epiphany?
Send your greetings on Epiphany Day and wish your dear ones are blessed by Lord Jesus Christ.
- May the Glory of.. May the glory of the Lord fill your heart ..
- May the supreme Lord . May the supreme Lord guide you to his divine light ..
- Happiness on Epiphany . ...
- May the Lord shower.. ...
- May the Glory.. ...
- As Our Lord..
How do you use congratulations in a sentence?
Congrats sentence example
- A merry birthday was had, with congrats to Ken! ...
- Just wanted to add my hearty congrats to you and Matt for entertaining me so fantastically from the day the show started. ...
- Sorry for the belated congrats , but congrats anyway! ...
- Congrats .
How do you wish a holiday greeting in an email?
A simple greeting like, 'Season's Greetings,' or 'Happy Holidays," is appropriate, followed by, 'I hope the season is treating you well. I wanted to thank you for your business this year and wish you and your team a Happy New Year. ' A sign-off of, 'Regards' or 'Best wishes,' is inclusive and business-friendly.
What is plural for wishes?
2 wish /ˈwɪʃ/ noun. plural wishes.
How do you write a congratulation letter for success in exam?
Dear Sourav, I hope, this finds you in nice health. How pleased I am to hear the happy news of your brilliant success in the Senior Secondary Examination with distinction in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Please accept my heartily congratulation.
How do you wish someone a happy Easter in Russian?
"Happy Easter!" in Russian
- Счастливой пасхи!
- С Пасхой!
How do you congratulate a project?
Below is a simple outline that you can you use.
- Start your letter with the congratulation statement.
- Express your happiness and delight of the news.
- Express your belief in the recipient's abilities and tell them how much they deserved the assignment.
- Wish them success in the project and future projects.
How do I wish my spiritual guru on his birthday?
Birthday Message for a Spiritual Mentor
- A phenomenal spiritual mentor. ...
- A spiritual mentor I appreciate dearly. ...
- You have been a Godsend. ...
- May your faith continue to guide you. ...
- A magnificent mentor and spiritual guide. ...
- An incredible mentor and spiritual inspiration. ...
- A magnificent mentor sent from above.
How do you use warm wishes in a sentence?
- With warm wishes Wafic. ...
- She inscribed it "with admiration and warm wishes". ...
- Simon thanked those who had sent him warm wishes and wrote that the worst part had been informing his daughter. ...
- Our sincerest condolences and warm wishes go to the Falkowitz family for the loss of Uncle Bernie.
What is difference between congratulation and congrats?
Congratulation is a formal way of expressing praise. congratulation and congrats do have the same meaning, but congrats is informal or the short form of congratulation.