What to say when someone wishes you a great weekend?
“Have a nice weekend!”, one says. And we reply with “I wish you the same!”, “Thanks, you too!” or “Thanks, the same for you.” At least we would say: “I wish you a nice weekend as well!”, but we would feel a little bit weird about so much repetition.
How do you use Congratulations expression?
Congratulating Responding o I'd be the first to congratulate you on... o I'd like to congratulate you on … o Please accept my warmest congratulations. o May I congratulate you on … o I must congratulate you. o It was great to hear about … o Congratulations. o Congratulations on … o Well done o Nice done, ...
Can I say congratulations to a bride?
Saying "congratulations" to a bride-to-be would infer a victory, as if she had conquered something impossible: landing a husband! “Saying congratulations to a bride implies that she has won something – her groom. ... To avoid controversy, many people just extend their best wishes to the bride and the groom!”
How do I wish my girlfriend happy new year?
Happy New Year!
- ♥ You are so beautiful that you look like the best work of art God ever did! ...
- ♥ I forget all my worries when I'm in your arms. ...
- ♥ If I had three wishes to make; I would wish to be with you always, to love you always and to have your heart always. ...
- ♥ Every night my thoughts drift to you,
How do I wish my parents on global Parents Day?
Global Day of Parents: Warm wishes you can share God couldn't be with me always, so He sent the two of you. Best wishes on Global Day of Parents! Dear Mum and Dad, I'm not very good with words but here's sending you lots of hugs on Global Parents Day! Thank you for always making me feel special.
How do you wish someone a happy return?
Here are some ideas for adding a little extra warmth and personality to your mighty little message:
- On your birthday I wish you success and endless happiness! ...
- Happy birthday to my closest and oldest friend! ...
- Wish you a many many happy returns of the day. ...
- May your birthday and your life be as wonderful as you are .
Is it weird to wish someone Happy Mother's Day?
I think it's a pleasant gesture to wish everyone Happy Mother's Day. She says it's rude and disrespectful to say it to everyone. ... It seems to her that you are more interested in appearing to spread good will than in how your doing this will affect the recipients of your supposed good wishes.
Is it weird to congratulate someone on their anniversary?
1 Answer. There is nothing wrong with "Happy Marriage Anniversary". It is more common to say, "wedding anniversary" however, or just "happy anniversary" which implies "wedding", especially that the people concerned know it.
24 Related Question Answers Found:
wish + past simple is used to express that we want a situation in the present (or future) to be different.
- I wish I spoke Italian. ( I don't speak Italian)
- I wish I had a big car. ( I don't have a big car)
- I wish I were on a beach. ( I'm in the office)
- I wish it were the weekend. ( It's only Wednesday)
Let's look at the context in which these expressions to wish “good luck” are used in English.
- Good Luck. ...
- Break a leg! ...
- Knock 'em dead! ...
- Blow them away! ...
- Best of luck! ...
- You'll do great! ...
- Fingers crossed!
A: You're right that many people spell “congratulations” with a “d” in the middle, though they're often deliberately misspelling the word as a pun in which “congradulations” are sent to recent graduates.
How to wish someone a Happy Eid in different languages
- عيد مبارك (Eid Mubarak) – 'Have a blessed Eid'
- تقبل الله مناومنكم (Taqabalallahu minna wa minkum) – 'May Allah accept your and our right doings'
- عيد سعيد (Eid Saeed) – 'Happy Eid'
1. EXPRESSION OF CONGRATULATION, COMPLIMENT, AND GRATITUDE. CONGRATULATION Congratulation is an expression that we use to give the congratulation utterance when he or she succeeds in doing something.
Begin your message with an appropriate greeting.
- “Good morning Professor/Dr.X”
- Do not use “hey”, or “hi”
“Wishing you a beautiful day with good health and happiness forever. Happy birthday!” “It's a smile from me… To wish you a day that brings the same kind of happiness and joy that you bring to me.
Rest in peace messages and sincere condolences over the death of a loved one:
- We have always been together in good times and bad times. ...
- The loss of a friend like you is something that can never be recovered. ...
- You have accomplished many good things in life. ...
- With teardrops running down my face, I bid you farewell.
We were delighted to hear of the birth of your new baby boy/girl. Congratulations. 很高兴获知您喜添贵子/千金，恭喜。 Congratulations on your new arrival! 恭喜喜得贵子/千金。
It is traditional to say 'Congratulations' to a groom after a wedding, but 'Best wishes' to the bride. The implication is that the groom has made a great 'catch', but that it would be impolite to say that the bride had.
- praise, commendation, applause, salutes, honour, acclaim, acclamation, tribute, cheers, ovation, accolade, plaudits, felicitations.
- approval, admiration, approbation, compliments, adulation, homage.
- a pat on the back, eulogy, encomium, panegyric, bouquets, laurels, testimonial.
“May this Independence Day Fills your life happiness and prosperity. Happy UAE National Day 2021.” “Here's sending my warm patriotic wishes to make this day truly memorable.” “Feel Proud to be an Emirati Have a Great Independence Day.”
Well wishes are kind words, either spoken or written, that share a desire for a person to have good health or good things or that show them support. ... You can also give well wishes just to let someone know you care about them. Example: When Janelle heard that Trevor was sick, she sent her well wishes in a card.
Memorial Day Quotes Thank you Messages “Wishing a very Happy Memorial Day to everyone. Let us thank our national heroes for always standing for the safety of our country.” “On the occasion of Memorial Day, let us come together to express our gratitude towards the ones who have died for our nation.
You might say “ Thank you! I'm so excited to begin this next chapter in my life!” Always thank someone for “celebrating” you in a congratulations! No matter how small or big the accomplishment is that you achieve, adding heart felt feelings when responding will make them happy!
What is the difference between congratulation and congratulations. Generally "congratulations" is the widely used term, and when used in singular form you use "congratulate". But sometimes "congratulate" is replaced by "congratulation" to imply act and expression both at the same time.
Congratulations It comes from the Latin congratulationem made up of cum (together) and gratulari (to show joy). For that reason, it expresses the desire to share in the joy and achievements of someone. Some prefer to use the abbreviated and more informal congrats.
When someone says “Good luck”, respond with, “Wish me luck- oh. Never mind.”
My friend, you deserve more beautiful love moments in this Valentine's Day and I wish you celebrate the day lovely. I wish you a happy valentine's day. You are my dear friend and I love you dearly with all my heart. I wish you a wonderful Valentine's Day celebration and you get cherished moments of love.
Congratulations can be an interjection or a noun.
- Send [someone] my best.
- Send [someone] my best regards.
- Send [someone] my greetings.
- Give [someone] my best wishes.
- Pass on my greetings to [someone].
- My best to [someone].
- All the best to [someone].
- Send [someone] my compliments.
For a formal letter of congratulations, begin with some basic celebratory statements. Say, “I want to congratulate you on your recent promotion,” or “I was ecstatic when I heard the good news about the birth of your child.” Another general statement of congratulations could be, “Job well done!
The correct way would be to say “to you both.” When using it in a sentence correctly, an example of a grammatically correct sentence would be “Our company approves of your decision and we offer our congratulations to you both.”
Wishes of health. “Wishing you an easy delivery and healthy baby,” “Wishing you health and joy as you welcome your new baby,” or “May you all be happy and healthy!”