What do you say rather than congratulations?
- felicitations. Congratulations! Well done! ...
- kudos. Credit or praise for an achievement; glory; fame. ...
- good work. 125. ...
- congrats. (Informal) A short form of congratulations. ...
- way-to-go. (Idiomatic) an expression of congratulations approval. ...
- good-for-you. An exclamation of encouragement. ...
- compliments. ...
- best wishes.
Do you say best wishes or congratulations to the bride?
It is traditional to say 'Congratulations' to a groom after a wedding, but 'Best wishes' to the bride. The implication is that the groom has made a great 'catch', but that it would be impolite to say that the bride had.
How can I wish my sister in marriage to my brother-in-law anniversary?
Wishing you both a day full of joy and a life full of happiness on this very special day of your life! Happy anniversary dear sister and brother-in-law!
How do you wish a 90 year old happy birthday?
What Do You Say for a 90th Birthday?
- Happy 90th Birthday! We are so lucky to have you in our lives.
- On your 90th birthday, may you feel the same love and joy you give to others!
- Happy Birthday on your 90th year. May you know how much you mean to everyone and feel the love we have for you!
What does Thanks for the well wishes mean?
“Thank you for your encouragement, sympathy, and love.” This can be a simple way of thanking someone for what their words of encouragement have meant to you. It can also work for close friends and relatives whom you know put more than mere well wishes into their words.
Do you say thank you for the congratulations?
'THANK YOU' is not just a two-word saying, but it is a sign of good manners. It is a sign of recognition of goodness. When someone congratulates or wishes you, does that gives you a good feeling? If yes, then saying thank you to those people who showed their goodness will equally provide them a good feeling as well.
Is congratulations a complete sentence?
It's easy to think of examples where "Congratulations" is coordinated with an imperative sentence -- "Congratulations, and have a great time at Niagara Falls!" So I classify it as an imperative sentence. Probably, it's short for "Accept my congratulations!"
16 Related Question Answers Found:
When Italians want to wish someone luck, or just express their good wishes, one word they use is buono (good): Buon compleanno!
Often English learners say congratulations when they mean good job or well done! When you want to tell someone that they have done well on a project, taught a class well, given a good speech, or generally done something well, you can say: Good job on the report! I think the executives will like it.
Belated Thank You Note Messages for a Birthday or Another Celebration
- “Sorry to send this so late! ...
- “I may be an adult now in the eyes of God, but it turns out I still procrastinate like a kid! ...
- “I had a wonderful time talking about your college years with you at my graduation party.
Explanation: "Alf Mabrouk Ala Alzeefaf Alsa'eed!" = Heartiest congratulations -on the| on your- happy marriage! It's a simple Arabic Standard Language that all Arabs with different Arabic dialects would understand.
Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness. May the years ahead be filled with lasting joy. Best wishes on this wonderful journey, as you build your new lives together. Thank you for letting me share in this joyful day.
A father is a father, even if he's not the father of a child by you, so it's perfectly normal to wish him a happy Father's Day, regardless of how long you've been dating.
Instead of had, you can use the simple past form of other verbs as well.
- I wish I spoke French.
- I wish I knew Italian.
- I wish I looked smarter.
- I wish I drove a Ferrari.
- I wish I lived in Shanghai.
- I wish I had a golden voice.
- I wish I knew more people.
- I wish I played the piano.
With all my heart, I thank you for making my life better. Happy Women's Day. Happy Women's Day to my life, my better half, my love, my wife! I wish you happiness, success, love, everything you deserve in this world because you are special.
Congratulations wishes and prayers for a newborn baby boy
- #1: Receive my deepest congratulations for the birth of your adorable baby boy. ...
- #2: A baby is seen as a huge responsibility but is also a great bundle of joy. ...
- #3: I wish I was one of the godparents of this sweet baby. ...
- #4: I still can't believe he is here already.
The word congratulate is linked to the Latin word congratulari, meaning “wish joy.” When you congratulate someone, you wish him or her joy, usually to celebrate an accomplishment or good fortune.
2 Answers. Congratulations is simply the plural form of congratulation.
Thank You Messages
- Thank You. I'm so lucky to have you in my life! ...
- Thank You. You are always such a beautiful, kind-hearted person. ...
- Thank You. ...
- Thank You So Much! ...
- You always make my day brighter, so I hope this makes yours a little brighter. ...
- Thank you! ...
- Thank You Very Much. ...
- Thank You.
Congratulations Add to list Share. "Kudos," "well-done," and other words of praise are forms of congratulations, or an expression of approval and acclaim. Congratulations are expressed for good wishes on a special occasion, not just an accomplishment.
“If the relationship ended on relatively good terms, it's fine,” says recovery coach Manya Wakefield, founder of Narcissistic Abuse Rehab. “If the two of you are on friendly terms and keep in regular contact, you can and should wish your ex a happy birthday,” says relationship and dating coach Ashley Harris.
My love for my nation is boundless. My love for my people is endless. All I desire for my country is happiness. Let me be the first person to wish you a special Happy Independence Day!
- I feel deeply grateful to you for congratulating us on our wedding that came up recently. Thank you for making us feel special.
- We would not have had a successful wedding without all the love and care you all showered on us on our wedding and are still doing by congratulating us after.