How do you wish someone Ascension Day?
The day our beloved Jesus was received upon heaven was such a great day. Let's celebrate this day with good wishes, happiness, and love. Let's spread love and laughter everywhere today. Happy Ascension Day!
How do you congratulate someone on a PHD graduation?
- “Congratulations on your well-deserved success.”
- “Warmest congratulations on your graduation.”
- “Congratulations on your graduation and best wishes for your next adventure!”
- “So happy to share in the excitement of your graduation day, and so very proud of you, too!”
- “With love and pride today and always,”
How do you wish a Girl Happy Valentine's Day?
Happy Valentine's day. On this special day, I just want to confess that I'm madly in love with you and nothing in this world can change my heart when it comes to loving you. You're the prettiest girl ever and I don't need to tell you why. All I want in life is you to be with me today, tomorrow, and forever!
Where did the word congratulations come from?
Congratulation (n.) mid-15c., from Latin congratulationem (nominative congratulatio), noun of action from past-participle stem of congratulari "wish joy," from com "together, with" (see com-) + gratulari "give thanks, show joy," from gratus "agreeable" (from suffixed form of PIE root *gwere- (2) "to favor").
How do you wish instead of congratulations?
- felicitations. Congratulations! Well done! ...
- kudos. Credit or praise for an achievement; glory; fame. ...
- good work. 128. ...
- congrats. (Informal) A short form of congratulations. ...
- way-to-go. (Idiomatic) an expression of congratulations approval. ...
- good-for-you. An exclamation of encouragement. ...
- compliments. ...
- best wishes.
Is it weird to wish happy birthday?
No, it isn't, on the contrary, it is actually a good thing to wish a person “Happy birthday”. The reason is very simple. Birthdays are a time when a person should be made to feel special since it is the day they were born.
17 Related Question Answers Found:
Be aware that the nowadays a more international way of greeting - "Happy Lunar New Year" - is not a popular accepted phrase to use to your Chinese friend, who may regard it as offensive. Instead use the phrase "Happy Chinese New Year" or just simply "Happy New Year".
Sometimes a simple “Congratulations” is your best bet for the right retirement card message. Especially for a retiree who truly loved their career, or devoted years of their life to the same job, you might want to emphasize the contribution they've made and they legacy they're leaving. ... Congrats to the retiree!
Although it is not as common as Happy Holidays, today “Happy Solstice” is increasingly used as a yuletide greeting.
Kristin Miller says expectant moms should definitely get a gift: "You are a mom when you are pregnant, You are doing ALL the work at that point. The physical strain in itself deserves something."
- With warm wishes Wafic. ...
- She inscribed it "with admiration and warm wishes". ...
- Simon thanked those who had sent him warm wishes and wrote that the worst part had been informing his daughter. ...
- Our sincerest condolences and warm wishes go to the Falkowitz family for the loss of Uncle Bernie.
Congratulations on the baby is a good colloquial sentence. "Best wishes to all of you" is another one.. Just "Congratulations" is the best.
Can confirm, single pulls is better. You will get a 4 star within 10 pulls even if you pull single, so it's better as you could save a lot of pulls if you get the item you one early.
Out of all the wishes, three are most important for me. My first wish is to have a pencil that will turn everything that I draw, into real things. ... My second wish is to fly like a bird. I love birds because they can fly when they want and they go wherever they want to go.
1 verb To convey information or feelings means to cause them to be known or understood by someone.
Congratulations on Moving to a New Job
- You're the most ambitious, determined, committed, courageous and hard working person I know… you are the best of the best and God will always be by your side. ...
- Good luck with your new job! ...
- Congratulations on your new job! ...
- All the best on you new career field! ...
Well is an adverb and therefore should not (cannot, really) modify "wish" or any other noun. The proper term should be "Good wishes."
Wishing you joy and happiness, you are an amazing teacher, and you only deserve the best. You are the spark, the inspiration, the guide, the candle to my life. I am deeply thankful that you are my teacher. Books, sports, homework and knowledge, you are the pillar of our success and in the classroom, you are the best.
Christmas Day wishes: May the Xmas candles light up your lives!
- Wishing you a Merry Christmas surrounded by your loved ones!
- Warmest wishes for a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Wishing you a blessed Christmas and lots of happiness in the New Year.
- May peace, love, and prosperity follow you in 2021.
Thanks for caring so much and thank you for your ____________ (festival Name) wishes. I, once again, send you all my heart-felt ____________ (festival Name) wishes and acknowledge yours with pleasure. You cannot imagine how much we all appreciated your lovely note. With sincere regards to all.
When you congratulate someone, you give that person praise — or maybe even a party to congratulate him or her on a job well done. ... Your joy can take the form of verbal praise (“Well done!”), a letter or card offering good wishes, a rowdy high five, or even a big chocolate cake.
Best wishes on Women's Day to you my dearest girlfriend. I respect you more than I love you because you are the epitome of patience, love, dedication and commitment... Love you always... Happy Women's Day.
Congratulations can be offered as praise for someone's achievement. In that context, the preposition to use is for: Congratulations for completing 100 days without an accident!