How can I use wishes in a sentence?
Wishes in a sentence | wishes example sentences
- What he wishes to be.
- My best wishes to you.
- He wishes he was deaf.
- It wishes to consume me.
- And he wishes he hadn't.
- He wishes to bring us to.
- She wishes to see Joss.
- I believe she wishes I did.
Is it appropriate to wish someone a Happy Kwanzaa?
In fact, the name Kwanzaa comes from the Swahili phrase matunda ya kwanza, meaning “first fruits of the harvest. “ Sending happy Kwanzaa wishes to someone who celebrates is a nice way to connect and show respect for their heritage.
How do you say congratulations on retirement?
Foolproof Retirement Messages to Say Congratulations
- Kudos, Felicitations, Congratulations! ...
- Congratulations on your retirement. ...
- Welcome to the next chapter of your life. ...
- Well done! ...
- My deepest congratulations on a long and inspiring career.
How do you wish happy birthday in Islam?
Happy Birthday in Arabic: عيد مولد سعيد (Eyd Mawlid Saeid)
How many make a wishes has John Cena?
John Cena has granted over 650 wishes to children battling life-threatening illnesses through the make-a-wish foundation since 2004.
How do you wish your best friend happy New Year?
Wishing you a very Happy New Year my friend. I pray happiness always comes your way because you have always been there for me when I need you. Despite my shortcomings, you have always loved me as a friend should. Happy new year, best friend.
Should you congratulate someone for promotion?
Receiving a promotion at work is an exciting step in someone's career. If a colleague or supervisor gets promoted, it is polite to congratulate them on their success.
Who do you say best wishes to?
Those of you who answered “best wishes,” you're RIGHT! Always, always extend your best wishes to a bride, but feel free to say congratulations to the groom. We think Miss Etiquette sums it all up in her blog post devoted to this topic: “Saying congratulations to a bride implies that she has won something – her groom.
20 Related Question Answers Found:
How do you congratulate a great leader?
You have shown what you are made of: hard work and endurance. I am truly happy for you and your wonderful achievement. Congratulations and all the best, for everything your future holds.
How do you wish someone Happy Valentine's Day?
Ways To Say Happy Valentine's Day To My Friend
- Hope you have a Valentine's Day that is as fabulous as you are!
- Happy Valentine's Day, My Sweet Friend! ...
- Wishing you all the love in the world this Valentine's Day.
- Happy Valentine's Day! ...
- Happy Galentine's Day.
- Happy Palentine's Day.
How early can you wish someone a happy new year?
Wishing someone good cheer in the new year should be reserved for the first two weeks of January. Any time after that is just asinine.
How do you congratulate your husband on his promotion?
Messages for him
- “You have worked hard and deserve this promotion. ...
- “As you celebrate this achievement, wish you get to celebrate many more. ...
- “There is no one who deserves this more than you. ...
- “I am so proud of you honey. ...
- “I love you and your hard work just makes me love you a little more each day.
Are wishing wells Good luck?
Germanic and Celtic traditions Water was seen to have healing powers, and wells became popular, with many people drinking the water, bathing in it, or simply wishing over it. ... It was thus potentially lucky to throw coins in the well, but it depended on how they landed.
How do you say I wish you a good day?
Other Ways to Say “Have a Great Day” Have an awesome day! I hope your day is great! I hope your day goes well. Today will be the best!
How do you end best wishes?
UPDATED IN DECEMBER 2016
- Very truly yours,
- Yours truly,
- Sincerely yours,
- Best regards,
- Kind regards,
- With thanks,
How do you wish an engagement anniversary to a friend?
Engagement congratulations friend Wishing you both an eternity of love, peace and happiness together. Congratulations on your engagement! Congratulations to the cutest and the most wonderful couple I know. May you both have a bright future.
How do you wish good luck for a new beginning?
Wishing Luck in a New Job
- “You did it! ...
- “What an exciting new opportunity! ...
- “You're seeing what happens when hard work, perseverance and talent finally pay off. ...
- “This new job is the start of something great—I just know it! ...
- “I'm jealous of your new co-workers because they get to work with YOU!
How do you congratulate someone who is special?
“Wishing you a day filled with happiness and a year filled with joy. Happy birthday!” “Sending you smiles for every moment of your special day…Have a wonderful time and a very happy birthday!” “Hope your special day brings you all that your heart desires!
What do you say to wish someone a happy Yule?
I'm partial to "Welcome Yule!" I wish people a happy holidays. If I'm not in a hurry, I'll usually say something like, "Merry Christmas, and Jultide joy to you!" I usually just say Blessed Yule. “When they say 'Merry Christmas' I say 'Merry Christmas,' ” she said.
How do you congratulate colleagues on a newborn?
What to Write in a New Baby Card: Best Messages
- Welcoming your new baby with wishes of health, happiness and plenty of sleep.
- Wishing you many congratulations on your new bundle of joy.
- Congratulations on your beautiful new baby! ...
- Congratulations on your new arrival. ...
- Really happy for you both.
What is another way to say best wishes?
- best wishes.
- give a 'hear-hear'
- good going.
- good wishes.
- good work.
Is saying congratulations a well wish?
When you congratulate someone, you give that person praise — or maybe even a party to congratulate him or her on a job well done. ... Your joy can take the form of verbal praise (“Well done!”), a letter or card offering good wishes, a rowdy high five, or even a big chocolate cake.
What is another way to say congratulations?
- best wishes.
- good going.
- good wishes.
- good work.
How do you congratulate a team for a new project?
Heartiest congratulations to the team of Future projects. I extend thankful wishes and wish the team the best of luck for the future assignments to come. Your effort is gladly appreciated and rewarded. The secret in winning as a team is cooperation, coordination and hard work.
Can I say massive congratulations?
Are perfectly idiomatic in English, although 'a' precedes a plural noun. I think native speakers would say a big congratulation if the singular form was idiomatic when congratulating someone, but it's simply not. Although the following are commonly said and heard in speeches, they do sound a little formal.
What is the meaning of convey my birthday wishes?
1 verb To convey information or feelings means to cause them to be known or understood by someone.
Do you say congratulations on?
The preposition on is used when expressing one's good wishes in the context of a happy event: Congratulations can be offered as praise for someone's achievement.
How do you wish a girl good luck for an exam?
Here are the wishes you can send.
- You have nothing to fret about. You have God on your side. ...
- You have made me smile on all days. ...
- I pray that your result will match your effort, and you will come out in flying colours. ...
- You are a candidate for success, and you will excel in your forthcoming exams.